HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
2019 is here and I am oh so excited! A new year brings with it new opportunities and new horizons to achieve, and this year won’t be any different. While I am still working on my New Years resolutions list, I do have a travel wishlist ready! Tells you about my priorities, right, LOL!!
Every year end the hubby and I talk about our travel wish list for the next year and work towards budgeting it. We choose some domestic (within the US) places and then some do-able places and then some “I really wish” places – which for now are just drooled upon but for cost and visa purposes along with travel time and other constrains are set on the back burner for the following year. Because we know those are “difficult to achieve” I wont be sharing these in this post, but if you want to know which are those places for us, lemme know in the comments section below and I’ll write a post about it.
Today, I am sharing our top 10, but in reality not all 10 will be done in 2019. Hence the name “travel wishlist”. So without further ado, in no particular order, here goes:
Our Top 10:
– Home: India and Kuwait 🙂 No points for guessing this would be on our list.
– Petra, Jordan: Coz it doesn’t require a whole lotta days to witness this beauty and is perfect to squeeze in if you are planning a visit to that side of the world.
– Amarillo and surrounding area: Having lived in Texas for so long, we haven’t explored as much as we’d like to, so this year, we are hoping to change that and go about and explore/enjoy what the 2nd largest state in US has to offer!
– A relaxing getaway at a resort in Texas Hill Country: This one is always on my list, coz a relaxing getaway close to home sounds blissful to me, and having seen quite a bit of Texas Hill Country, we don’t feel compelled to be out and about exploring, instead can focus on relaxing!
– Port Aransas / Corpus Christi: Coz trust me, not all Texas beaches suck!! Infact even Galveston has improved so much in the past few years! I’m working on a Galveston post and promise to have it your way well before spring break 🙂
– Europe!! Somewhere, anywhere! LOL!! JUST TAKE US!
– PCH: This won’t be doable though – thanks to the recent natural destruction on that side. Basically quite a bit got washed off, and though they have rebuilt quite a bit of it, it’s still work in progress. Hoping to go if this gets fixed.
– Mount Rushmore: How cool would it be to celebrate July 4th here?!
– New Mexico: Those White Sand Dunes are calling my name!!! Or maybe the Hot Air Balloon festival… Or maybe skiing in the Taos this winter?!
– Some National Parks: We want to be more outdoorsy this spring/summer, so hoping to visit some national parks around Houston.
My top 5 picks for you guys would be:
Domestic within US:
– Utah for those magical National Parks it has to offer: Blog post coming soon.
– Miami: Blog post coming soon.
– Waco: Blog post coming soon.
Outside of continental US:
– Hawaii: ~ Maui, Hawaii…
– India and Dubai!!
And here are the other travel posts I have done till now, in case one of these tickle your fancy!
And here are some helpful travel related links:
So, where are y’all planning to travel this year? I’d love to hear, please let me know in the comments section below. And I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed putting it together.
Until next time… Ciao!