With the festive season here, today I am sharing the recipe for Homemade Kaju Katli 🙂
Kaju Katli/Barfi (Kaju = Cashew nut) is a very popular Indian sweet. Being the hubby’s favorite, I had to master the art of making it at home. Even though I am not a pro at it yet, having made it a couple of times, and yummy all the times, I feel confident enough sharing the recipe here with y’all…
Serving: 4 people
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup Cashew Nuts Raw
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Rose Water
- 1 teaspoon Full Fat Whole Milk
- Saffron strands for garnishing
- Powder the cashew nuts using a blender, pulsing at high-speed once or twice. Avoid grinding for a long time as cashew nuts leave oil when grinding and this can form lumps.
- In a non-stick pan add sugar, water and bring to boil. Let it boil for 2 minutes. Now, reduce the heat to low, add rose-water (optional), powdered cashew nuts and mix it well. Avoid overcooking. Cook till the consistency is slightly gooey. The mixture becomes thicker upon cooling.
- Allow it to cool until it is warm enough to handle with your hands (do not cool completely as shaping the barfi would not be possible then). Now, add a teaspoon of milk and knead a soft, smooth and firm dough. This is an important step for shaping the kaju katlis perfectly.
- Place the dough on butter paper (you can use aluminum foil, but put a little Ghee on the foil before placing the dough, this helps it not stick) and roll the dough into a thick circle using a rolling-pin. Next, cut diamond shapes (I use a pizza cutter for ease of gliding) and garnish with a couple of Saffron strands. Serve and Enjoy!!
Try it out and lemme know how you liked it 🙂
One thought on “~ Homemade Kaju Katli…”
Pingback: ~ Quick Fix: Besan Ke Ladoo!!! | raindropstosunshine