Happy Thursday all you wonderful peeps!!!
Today’s blog post is another yummy one… Gobhi ke Parathe!!!
Gobhi ke Parathe are one of our favorite kind of stuffed Paratha and today I am sharing this yummy recipe, do give it a try!!
Parathe (an Indian flatbread) is one of the easiest to make and most loved choice in North Indian households, when it comes to weekend brunches or even weekday quick dinner fixes.
Serving size: 2-3 people
– 1 large Gobhi (Cauliflower)
– 2 green chilies
– 1 teaspoon ajwain
– Pinch of heeng
– Salt to taste
– 1 teaspoon red chilly powder
– 1 teaspoon haldi
– 2 cups of whole wheat flour
– 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
How to make:
– Grate the Gobhi, I use my kitchen aid for this as it’s easy and fast.
– Take the flour in a big bowl, add the grated gobhi, heeng and ajwain, red chilly powder, haldi and salt and cilantro. Mix and leave for 15-20 minutes.
– The gobhi when mixed with flour and other spices, leaves water and hence very little extra water is required to knead it into a smooth dough. Do not make the dough too sticky as it’s going to be tough to roll.
– When ready to eat, make small circles of the dough and roll into a round shape, like you would do with Rotis, into circle of about 6-8 inches in diameter. Do not make it thick, keep it slightly thin, to cook easily.
– Heat a flat pan, brush oil on it (or you can use cooking oil spray) and cook the Parathe by drizzling about 1 or 2 tsp of ghee/oil on both sides till the paratha is evenly cooked and browned.
– Serve hot with some Raita, ketchup and chutney!!
Hope you enjoyed today’s post. What’s your favorite kinda stuffed paratha?!