This is another one of my Mom’s quick Fix and is super yummy! Summer evenings call for a easy snack along with your choice of chilled beverage, and this my friends is a super easy and yummy and goes it all sorts of drinks, if you get what I mean! Haha!!
So here goes…
– 11/2 cups Lightly salted Peanuts (with or without skin would do)
– 1/2 Onion
– 1 Small Tomato
– 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
– Cilantro / Coriander for garnish
– Salt to taste or skip depending on how much the peanuts are salted
– Juice of 1/2 lemon
– Sev for garnish
– Dice the onion and tomatoes in small pieces, mix with peanut and add pepper and lemon juice.
– Chop the Cilantro/Coriander leaves finely and garnish with sev as well.
Ta-da!!! You are done!
You can also serve this a salad before main course, goes well with wine, beer and ofcourse soft drinks as well as mango lassi, sweet or salty lassi!
Hot summer evenings call for cool snacks and that’s what this Pasta Salad is all about… Cool and creamy thanks to the generous amount of Mayonnaise in it, but to make it healthy, use light Mayo and use less of it. Ta-da!! You make it guilt free!
– 1 cup Pasta, any shape!
– 1/2 cucumber diced into small cubes
– 1/2 onion cut into small pieces
– 5 black olives, cut into small pieces
– 1/4 cup corn kernels
– 1/2 green bell pepper (or red if you want to make it colorful) diced – this is optional. It will give it some extra crunch though
– Mayonnaise (generously) you’ll know how much is right for your taste buds
– 11/2 tablespoon of pepper, add more if desired.
– Cook pasta as per instructions on the box, be careful not to over cook. Once cooked, run it below cold water to bring to room temperature and also not make them stick.
– In a large bowl, mix all the cut veggies.
– Add Mayonnaise, pepper and the Pasta.
– Stir to mix!
– Keep in fridge for 15-20 minutes to chill and serve with your drink of choice!