With Spring Break around the corner and a lot of you having some beach getaways planned, or for those who are still stuck with frigid temperatures and are surely dreaming of tropical weather, today’s post is on Island Fashion!
My 1st Island Fashion post can be viewed here: ~ Island Style – 1
For the July 4th long weekend last year, we drove to Florida, and went to Pensacola Beach, Destin and Panama City Beach! I’ll be sharing our trip details soon, but for now, wanted to share some of my looks for our beach getaway 🙂
I was absolutely feeling the boho vibes while on the beach or in and about a beach town and most of my looks reflect the same!
My first look was a long skirt with a cute short top, not in any shape to show my mid section (that I call tummy) though, LOL!!
My second look was a coverup and a big beachy hat. This coverup is from Miami, and so is the hat. But I am linking some cute options here (Amazon Cover-ups, Amazon Beach Hats, Target Cover-ups, Target Beach Hats). My swim wear is from Walmart and I love their Catalina line (Walmart Catalina Swimwear).
My third look was a Desi fushion look – pairing a demin shirt with harem pants! Harem pants are from India and the denim shirt is from Kuwait, I wasn’t able to find similar options for the harem pants but here are some denim shirt options (Target Denim Shirt).
There’s something about the beach, it relaxes me completely and also gets the quirky side out in me!
My second look was for July 4th fireworks!! This cute dress was hanging in my closet for a good part of the year but I hadn’t found the perfect occasion to wear it, but fireworks at the beach sounded perfect!! The dress is from Aeropostale, wristlet from Coach and my funky wooden jewelry from Hawaii, head band from Claire’s.
For a day out on and about the beach, I wore this coverup that I got from Bahamas over my swim wear with my beachy hat. Similar options linked here (Amazon Cover-ups, Target Cover-ups, Amazon Beach Hats, Target Beach Hats and lastly Walmart Catalina Swimwear).
For our sunset cruise, I wanted to keep it chic yet cool (and by cool, I mean cool temperatures as it was scorching hot!!) so I opted for this denim skirt I got from Kuwait along with this funky top from and beachy hat I got from our trip to San Juan. Similar options linked – Denim Skirt, Cool Tops from Gap, Amazon Beach Hats, Target Beach Hats).
It was a super fun trip and we had a great time! I’ll definitely be talking about these destinations and their details more towards the summer, so stay tuned!!
Also, here are some islandy destinations I have shared on the blog in earlier posts, in case you are interested in checking them out 💁🏻
– Cruise to Bahamas: ~ Cruise to Bahamas…
– Cruise to Mexico: ~ Our 6 day Western Caribbean Cruise to Mexico!
– Maui, Hawaii: ~ Maui, Hawaii…
– Big Island, Hawaii: ~ The Big Island of Hawaii…
– Oahu, Hawaii: ~ Oahu, Hawaii!!
– San Juan, PR: ~ The Perfect Vacation: San Juan, PR!
If you are staying local / around Houston:
– Austin: ~ Around Houston: Austin!!
– San Antonio: ~ Around Houston: San Antonio!!
– New Orleans: ~ Around Houston: New Orleans!!
– Fredericksburg: ~ Around Houston: Fredericksburg!!
– South Padre Island: ~ Around Houston: South Padre Island…
– Wall Murals around Houston: ~ Houston – Off the Beaten Path: Wall Murals – Part 1.
And some general information is always good, am I right?!
– Road Trip Ready: ~ Road Trip Ready!
– Crusising Tips and Tricks: ~ Cruising Tips & Tricks!!
– What’s in my Carry on: ~ What’s in my Carry-on!!
– Patio Maintanence (spring special!!): ~ Patio Maintenance!!
Alright folks, thanks for reading and enjoy your weekend and the upcoming Spring Break!! 🌴☀️