Thank you for all the love on my posts on First Trimester and Second Trimester, I was stepping out of the comfort zone of my usual topics, and sharing something very personal, even with these posts – Newborn Essentials 1 and 2. I want to say a big thank you to the amazing response, love and support these posts have gotten!!
So by popular demand, I’ll be continuing to share pregnancy / maternity / baby related posts every now and then, starting this wrapping up the trimester series, with this 3rd trimester post.
So jumping into today’s post – if you are pregnant, please don’t jump, just waddle into today’s post… LOL!!
So the third trimester is the last one of the 3, the end of which happens with a big debut of that of your little one. This trimester you’ll be excited, anxious and tired, all together. The excitement is beyond the roof these last 3 months but that just adds to the exhaustion!! LOL!!
So how to get through this one? Here’s my take on it:
– Rest, relax and don’t stress: trust me on this one.
– Get your baby shower out of the way before 35th week, if you are planning to have one that is.
– Get your maternity pix taken before the 35th week as well, because being super big will leave you tired and sweaty and you won’t be able to enjoy the experience. Definitely don’t do it before 33rd week coz you want that bump to be big and cute!
– Definitely finish all your shopping by the 36th week. I say 36th week but in reality once you are done with your baby shower, you can then decide what else you need depending on the gifts you received and didn’t. If you aren’t doing a baby shower, shop as you go. Amazon is amazing especially if you are a Prime member. Stores like Baby’s R Us match price, so don’t forget to take advantage of that!
– Engage your hubby/partner in all your decisions, it makes life so much more simple. You don’t need disagreements of any sort when your pregnancy hormones are already out of wack. Engaging your partner also makes them feel more connected to the baby.
– Don’t forget to drink that water – or else Braxton Hicks show up and they are not.your.friend!!
– Plan date nights and watch many movies, now, before the baby shows you two become you three!
– Have the essentials ready to go like the car seat installed etc. Hospitals in the US won’t let you take the baby home if you don’t have a car seat installed and inspected.
– Pack and get your hospital bag ready by the 36th week since 37 onwards you are considered full term and that baby can come anytime. I’ll doing a separate post on what goes in your hospital bag, so stay tuned for that.
– Sleep, if you can that is!! I say this because while sleep is surely important, it is next to impossible. Between being huge and having to pee every 15 minutes, sleep goes for a toss. Still, try to take naps and get some shut eye before the little one arrives coz once they are here, you aren’t going to get any sleep atleast for the first…2 months!!
Over and above all, just wait for the special moment, patiently, and in the mean time, enjoy the last few days/weeks as just the two of you, soon you’ll be a family!