Happy Monday all you lovely people!! Hope you had a good weekend… Ours was fab! Having my parents here is awesome and our weekend was filled with fun times spent together 🙂 Also, can I get an Amen for Houston weather!! No, I mean seriously, it’s supposed to get cooler this week and needless to say I am excited!! Don’t get me wrong, I love living in a state/city that only has summer as a season, with it being just less hot or more hot depending on the time of year, but sometimes I do miss having 4 seasons like we did back in Virginia!!
Anyhoo, I digress… Coming back to today’s post, can you guess how many nail polishes I have?? 40!! I have 40 nail polishes… 40! Yeah! Haha!! I do have some favorites that I use more often than others and hence I need to thin out nail polishes often and in this post I thought of sharing some tricks that work for me.
– First trick is to tighten up the top of your nail polish bottle and give it a good shake. Then, pour hot water on the nail polish bottle for few minutes which aids in thinning out the nail polish.
– If you have already sat down to start your mani-pedi and are lazy to get up and get hot water, another way to thin out nail polish is to vigorously rub the nail polish bottle between your palms so that warmth generated will help to reduce thickness of your dried nail polish.
– I store all my nail polishes in one place, cool, clean and dry – this helps keep the nail polish flowy.
– Remember to never use nail polish remover to thin your thick, sticky nail polish. It definitely is a quick solution, but eventually will break down the formula and ruin the polish. Invest in a nail lacquer thinner which is available at any of your local drugstores. Apply 2 to 3 drops of solution to your polish, close and shake well.
– One of the easiest ways to prevent your nail polish from drying out is by storing the bottles right side up. Storing upside down can cause clumps and drying at the neck of the bottle.
– Another thing to make a habit of is to keep the neck of your nail polish bottle clean by wiping it with a cotton ball soaked in nail polish remover after every use. This will allow your bottle to close properly and prevent air from getting inside. I am guilty of not doing this and need to make it a habit.
– Lastly, remember to always tighten your polish bottle and never leave the lid off for longer than necessary. Exposing nail polish to air is one of the biggest reasons causing it to thicken.
Hope these tips and tricks were helpful and you will be able to revive that favorite nail polish of yours that’s been neglected coz it’s thick now… Go ahead, do a mani-pedi and pamper yourself at home 🙂 Enjoy!!