Heya!!! Apparently off late I am all about quick fixes, well with the pandemic and work and home and kid etc. I think it’s pretty much justified!
Well, today I am sharing with you a recipe that’s been my quick fix for many many years. It’s how to make GITS ka Khaman Dhokla in the microwave. Yup! As if GITS wasn’t a shortcut enough, I give you steps to make it in the microwave! How about that! So let’s jump right in, shall we?!
– GITS Khaman Dhokla small packet, one which makes 18 Dhoklas: Water and oil to make the blend per packaging
– 1/2 tablespoon oil
– One and half teaspoon Rai / Mustard Seeds
– Handful of curry leaves / kadi patta
– 1 tablespoon augar
– 1 glass water
– Handful green chilies cut / jalapeños
– Dhaniya / Cilantro for garnish
– Mix the packet contents per instructions on the packet. Put this is a greased square or rectangle Pyrex bowl or microwave safe dish. Microwave for 6 minutes. Don’t worry if it comes out dry, our water mixture will fix that.
– Now in a small pan, heat the oil and put in the mustard seeds, when they crackle, put in the curry leaves and chilli/jalapeños. Cool on high flame but don’t let the leaves get burned or change color to black.
– Now put the glass of water and sugar and let it boil for 3-4 minutes.
– Switch off the flame and pour this on the microwaved Dhokla, letting it soak. Let it sit for 5 minutes and then once cool, garnish with cilantro, cut into pieces and serve them with chutney or just as is!
Dhokla is ready!!!
Until next time, stay satisfied!