Mint’s cooling properties when mixed with cooling properties of yogurt makes for a wonderful, appealing and much needed summer side dish Mint Raita to be paired perfectly with almost any Indian food!! And today, I am sharing the recipe for the same…
• 1 cup fresh curd (dahi or yogurt)
• ½ cup fresh mint leaves (pudina leaves)
• 2 to 3 teaspoon water for grinding mint leaves
• ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder (lal mirch powder)
• ¼ teaspoon roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
• ½ teaspoon chaat masala
• salt according to taste.
Preparation to make Mint Raita:
• Take 1 fresh cup curd in a mixing bowl. Whisk till smooth. Keep covered in the fridge till you make the mint leaves paste.
• Rinse 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves first in water. Then place them in a small chutney grinder.
• Add 2 to 3 teaspoon water and grind to a fine or semi-fine paste.
Making the Mint Raita:
• Add the mint paste along with its juices to the curd.
• Add the spice powders – 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder, 1/4 teaspoon roasted cumin powder and 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala. Also add salt as per taste.
• Mix everything very well.
• Serve mint raita with a tandoori or baked starter snack. Garnish with a sprig of mint leaf while serving. You can also serve with pulao or biryani and it goes really well with Parathas too!! You can also refrigerate the raita and serve later.
Do lemme know how you liked it.
And until next time, stay woke!!