I am a Tex-Mex lover and by Tex-Mex I mean just that and not mex-mex!! LOL!! What I mean by that is whenever we’ve visited Mexico, I have actually not liked their food as much as I love the “Mexican” food here and then I realized I am actually a lover of tex-mex! But I am ok with that 😉
Now days life is all about Quarantine and chill, being home with the kids, I am sure you need some easy yet yummy food ideas – so here’s a quick fix breakfast idea for egg and Tex-mex lovers! Give it a try even if you are new to Tex-mex and don’t know a whole lot in that genre, it’s that good!
– 2 eggs (scrambled)
– A dollop of sour cream (optional!!)
– Any hot sauce of choice (Taco Bell is what I used)
– Hash-browns (diced or shredded work best, if you have the patty, break it up before putting it in)
– Tortilla (wheat or white, your call!)
– Cheddar Cheese (depends on how cheesy you are ;))
1) Scramble the eggs as usual and keep aside.
2) Make your hash-browns as usual and keep aside.
3) On a skillet, lightly roast your tortilla on both sides, for a quick minute total, ensuring it doesn’t harden up.
4) Now on a plate, put the tortilla open – assemble with first the scrambled eggs, then the hash-browns followed by a dollop of sour cream (spread it out) and cheese along with hot sauce of your choice. Roll it up and serve hot!
5) Now enjoy!
Yup! It’s that simple!
Scrambled egg works best because an omelette can make the tortilla soggy too quick. You can also deck this up with guacamole, pico de galo and lettuce – but keeping it simple and it tasting so yummy is what’s making this breakfast a winner!!
Do try it out and let me know how you liked it!!
Until next time, stay hungry!