As a working mom, sometimes I feel like there is not time in my day to do somethings I really want to accomplish. The other day I was just sitting chit chatting with the hubby and he said, make a list of things you can do in 5 minute or less, this way you’ll be able to squeeze in somethings you really want to get done – so I did just that and trust me, it’s a wonderful idea!
Now when I want to take a quick break in the middle of other tasks, I go ahead and do a couple of things from this list, depending on how much time I have. It really makes me feel accomplished and hence in turn motivated!
So here’s just a couple of things I threw together in the list, in no particular order:
- Return emails
- Do Alom-Vilom (meditate)
- Read a few pages in a book
- Water the plants
- Change flower water/feed flowers
- Make a smoothie
- Clean the counter-tops
- Do some ab workouts
- Make a grocery list
- Put on some music and dance around
- Go outside and check the mail
- Watch a short YouTube video
- Make a to do list for tomorrow
- Go through an old blog post and update tags/categories
- Just sit outside and take in the fresh air
- Call your mom/dad/friend and say hi
- Write a note to send to a friend
- Clean your everyday jewelry
- Clean up your nightstand/sink
- Put things away that are out
- Hang up clothes
- Turn on the news and see what’s going on
- Insta stalk folks!
- Come up with a few blog post ideas
- Go outside and walk around for 5 minutes
- Put on a face mask (then take another 5 minutes later to wash it off)
- Try a new quick hairstyle
- Clean out the photos in your phone – delete crap you don’t need or maybe just wipe it down!
- Clean out a kitchen junk drawer or just wash a few dishes or load the dishwasher
- Eat some chocolate – because YOU deserve it!
I hope you enjoyed these 30 things you can do in 5 minutes or actually maybe even less! I would love to know what things you would add to this list! I always need more ideas!
Have you read my ~ 25 things you can accomplish in 10 minutes…