I shared Papa’s Style Chicken last month and you can view the recipe here: ~ Papa’s style Chicken!!
So this month, it is time to give Mummy some credit! Her style of chicken is easier to cook and just as yummy as Papa’s so I hope you do give it a try 🙂
1. 6 chicken drumsticks (roughly 2 pounds)
2. 1 big red onion
3. 4-5 cloves of garlic
4. An inch of ginger
5. 2-3 small tomatoes
6. 1 tablespoon oil
7. 1 tablespoon of zeera (cumin seeds)
8. 1 teaspoon of haldi (turmeric)
9. 2 teaspoons of dhaniya powder (coriander powder)
10. A pinch of laal mirchi (red chili) powder
11. Coriander or cilantro to garnish
1. Wash the drumsticks taking off the skin. Keep aside. I usually bring a pack of 6 drumsticks, roughly 2 pounds in weight.
2. Grate red onion, cloves of garlic, and ginger. It is best NOT to use ginger garlic paste.
3. Cut tomatoes.
4. Put 1 tablespoon oil in a non stick pan and add 1 tablespoon of zeera (cumin seeds) then add the grated onion, garlic and ginger. In addition to this, add two bay leaves.
5. When the onions are golden brown, add 1 teaspoon of haldi (turmeric), 2 teaspoon of dhaniya powder (coriander powder) and a pinch laal mirchi (red chilli) powder. Mix this masala well.
6. Now put chopped tomatoes and stir for a couple of minutes before adding the chicken. Keep on stirring for 10 minutes and then add salt to taste.
7. Leave it to cook on a slow flame. After it is half cooked, add water depending on how much gravy you desire and let it cook on slow gas till the chicken is very well done.
8. Now add Coriander or Cilantro leaves to garnish and serve hot with rotis and chawal.
Do let me know which style of chicken did you like the best? Papa’s or Mummy’s? I for one cannot choose 😉 coz I love them both the same! Heheheee! Hope you enjoy the dish 🙂