Happy Thursday Y’all!! Are you ready for the weekend?! I know I am!! Plan this weekend is to chill, watch movies, enjoy the 70 degree Houston weather and ofcourse play Catan 😉 the addiction is real guys! LOL!!
So coming back to today’s post – I am sure all kids say that their Mommy is the best cook in the world, and yes all mom’s are for their kiddos! Just like my mom is for us!! She cooks all these wonderful delicacies that leaves us licking our fingers and demanding for more.
You’ve read about her yummy recipe in my previous post ~ Mummy’s Style Chicken… and today I am sharing yet another mommy special – Kale (Black) Chole and Homemade Naan!! So read on for the recipe 😁
Serving size: 3-4 persons
Kale (Black) Chloe Recipe:
– 2 cups Chole (chickpeas) soaked overnight
– 8-10 cups water
– 2 whole big Cardamoms
– 1 piece Cinnamon stick
– 2 Bay leaves
– 2 Tea Bags (regular black tea)
– Salt to Taste
– Put all this in a pressure cooker and cook for 6 whistles and then on slow flame for 15 minutes. Check to see if the chickpeas are soft, if not, give 2 more whistles.
For the Gravy:
– Add 2 tablespoon oil to a pan, let it heat up.
– Once oil is hot, add 1/8 teaspoon Heeng (asafoetida).
– Now add 3-4 medium Tomatoes, which have been crushed/pulsed in the mixer grinder.
– Once the tomatoes are cooked and changed color, start adding the masale: 1 tablespoon Chana Masala, 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilly Powder, 1/2 teaspoon Chaat Masala, 1 teaspoon Amchur Powder and lastly add salt to taste.
– Cook the masala well and when it leaves oil, add the pressure cooker cooked Chole. Cover and let it cook on low flame for half an hour to 45 minutes so that the flavor goes inside the Chole.
– Garnish with coriander/cilantro leaves, green chilly and onion rings, serve hot with homemade Naan (the recipe for which is below)!!
– Take 2 cups maida, put 1 teaspoon ajwain and a little salt and keep aside.
– Take a cup of warm water (try to estimate the amount based on how much water you will need to knead the dough) and add 1/2 teaspoon sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoon of yeast, stir it and leave aside, undisturbed for 15 mins. Ensure to put this mixture into a bowl bigger than the amount of water as this mixture will froth.
– Once it’s foamed up, stir it and add to the maida mixture and knead the dough till it reaches a consistency that is not too soft, not too hard. Now leave it for 2 hours undisturbed letting the dough rise.
Note: Knead the dough such that it’s 2 hours since you intend to make the Naans since putting the dough in the fridge isn’t a good idea as it will settle down.
– Once it’s risen, do not re-knead, just take small portions to make balls and roll into an oval shape.
– Heat the tawa (pan) to medium and then reduce the heat. Cook the Naan on slow flame and then put cook it on a stell mesh (Roti Wire Mesh) to get the perfect charred spots on the Naan. Put butter on it and enjoy it with hot hot Kale Chole!
Do let me know how you guys liked it 😃
Have a happy happy weekend!!