Disclaimer: Given the current circumstances (thanks COVID!), I am in not saying you should visit the beach. Infact, we aren’t. I am just sharing what’s been packed by me in the past, hoping it’ll help you out when you do go to beach once things have settled down… Please travel at your own discretion. Thanks!!
Soaking Up the Sun!
- Bathing suits (1 for each day you are planning to go to the beach + 2 more! Kids hate re-wearing wet suits!)
- Swim Diapers
- Re-useable swim diapers for on top of swim diaper
- Sun hat with a wide brim. Amazon has some good options. If it blocks out UVA and UVB rays, even better!!
- Water shoes and/or flip flops
- Puddle jumper life vest (whatever you use, just make sure it’s US Coast Guard-approved)
- Towels (if you are like me, you use a separate one for the pool/beach and for shower, so I carry, multiple depending on what the plan is!!)
- Sunscreen is a must!! Waterproof is the best
- Bug spray
- Hand sanitizer even in non-COVID times as it helps clean up before snack time
- Sanitizing wipes even in non-COVID times as it helps clean things up
- Sand/swim toys, ball etc.
- Beach/picnic blanket
- Small cooler or picnic thermal to keep snacks and drinks cold and fresh
- Canopy, umbrella, or sun tent to provide much-needed shade, beach chairs!
- Portable fan for when it gets too hot…
When Hunger Strikes!
- Drinks and snacks – keep the snacks dry, as it’s mess free and easier to clean up. Also use small packaging so it’s easy to use and throw and you aren’t worrying about left overs. Water is a must!!
- Do not take glass containers!
- Cooler to keep items cold
- Sippy cups
- Plastic/reusable plate and utensils or disposables to use and throw
When Nature Calls!
- Diapers and wipes (twice as many as you think you’ll need, just to be safe)
- Swim diapers (see above)
- Diaper bag with changing pad
If they are potty trained, try to park closer to a restroom to make it easy for potty break trips!
Always carry extra set of clothes, undergarments included! And you can never have enough hair ties and clips… And also always have a first aid kit handy!
That’s all I can think of right now… What’s on your packing list, I’d love to hear!
Until next time, enjoy the sun and sand!!