Paneer Jalfrezi is a simple yet fancy dish made mainly with Paneer and Bell Peppers… To make it kid friendly, just reduce the chilly powder and garam masala amount!
• 1 tbsp oil
• 1 ¼ cup tomatoes puréed
• 1 cup red onions, thinly sliced
• 2 green chilis slit in half
• 1 ½ tsp ginger-garlic paste
• 1 cup tri-colored bell peppers sliced
• I.5 packets of Amul Paneer
• Handful of sweet corn kernels
• 2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped.
• ½ tsp cumin or jeera
• ½ tsp red chili powder
• 1/8 tsp haldi
• 1 tsp garam masala
• 1 tsp dhaniya powder
• ½ tsp dried kasuri methi crushed
• Chop the veggies. When using store bought paneer, soak it in hot water for 20 mins. Cube to finger length pieces. Puree tomatoes.
• Heat oil in a pan and saute cumin until they crackle. Saute onions & chilli until onions turn transparent. Then add ginger garlic paste & fry for 2 mins.
• Then pour tomato puree and fry until it thickens. Now add all the spices except for kasuri methi. Sauté till it dhunofies.
• Now add the bell peppers and corn and fry till the bell peppers are slightly tender.
• Next add in paneer and kasuri methi. Gently stir in to coat the paneer with the spice paste. Add very little water and cover and cook on a low heat just for 5 mins. Sprinkle coriander leaves and serve paneer jalfrezi with rice or roti.
Let me know how you guys liked this!!
Until next time, stay hungry!!