One of my all time favorite Chinese dish is Teriyaki Chicken and today I am sharing a tried, tested and trusted recipe.
– ¼ cup soy sauce
– ⅓ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
– 3 tbsp honey
– 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
– 1 tsp sesame oil (you can use any other oil as well, but sesame oil works best)
– 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, fat removed
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 1½ tbsp unsalted butter
– Green onion and sesame seeds for garnish
1. In a large bowl, mix together all marinade ingredients: ¼ cup soy sauce, ⅓ cup orange juice, 3 tbsp honey, 1 tsp ginger and 1 tsp sesame oil.
2. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces and place into marinade. Stir and cover with plastic wrap and marinate on the counter 20 min. Do not refrigerate.
3. Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil. Remove chicken from marinade and put the chicken in the hot pan and sauté, stirring occasionally until golden brown and cooked through.
4. Transfer chicken to a bowl.
5. Remove pan from heat and pour the marinade into the pan, add 1½ tbsp butter and place back over medium/high heat. Bring to a boil stirring constantly, until slightly thickened and then remove from heat.
6. Add chicken back to the pan and stir to combine. Serve over hot white rice or brown rice, garnished with fresh green onion and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Definitely let me know how you liked it!!