– 1 Loaf French Bread (pre-sliced is better)
– 1 Onion small – cut in thin small slices
– 1 Bell Pepper small – cut in thin small pieces
– 1/2 can of corn kernels
– Handful of black olives pitted and sliced
– Handful of jalapeños (optional)
– 3/4 Ragu Pasta Sauce – Chunky Tomato, Onion and Garlic flavor or Classico Tomato and Basil or you can also use Classico 4 Cheeses Pasta Sauce (this would give a little sweeter flavor than the other two)
– Mozzarella Cheese as per preference
– Seasoning: Private Selections Pizza Seasoning or regular Italian Seasoning
– Preheat oven to 350F
– Cut the onions and bell peppers, wash canned corn and keep aside and for the jalapeños and olives, if canned or jarred, wash them, cut and keep aside.
– Cover the baking tray with aluminum foil and spray cooking oil
– Line the French bread on the baking tray, keeping a little bit of distance between the piece so as the melted cheese from one doesn’t stick to another
– Sprinkle some cheese on the sauce (this helps the toppings to “stick” to the base)
– Put the veggies: onions, bell peppers, black olives, corn, jalapeños and then put some more cheese on top. You can add more veggies like Mushrooms etc. as you wish. The hubby does not like mushrooms hence I skip it.
– Season it with Private Selections Pizza Seasoning or Italian Seasoning as per preference (more or less depending on how you like it). Once baked, you can also add Parmesan Cheese and Red Chilly Flakes if you wish.
– Bake for 7 to 12 minutes based on how well done you like the crust! For me it’s just right at 10 minutes!
Enjoy this yummy recipe!! Do let me know how you liked it, I would love to hear 🙂 and oh hey! Hope ur having an great Monday and an awesome start to the week!! Cheers!