Paneer is my all time favorite and I am always looking to try new styles of cooking Paneer (which trust me, is super versatile to begin with) and this was one of those kinda experiments that turned out super yummy and hence sharing with you all.
– 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
– 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
– 1 Big Cardamom
– 1 Big Red Dried Chilly
– 1 Bay Leaf
– 1/2 cup Onions cut long
– 1 teaspoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
-2 small Green chilies diced
– 1/2 cup Bell pepper cut long
– 1/4 teaspoon of Red chili powder
– 1/4 teaspoon of Turmeric
– 2 heaped teaspoons of Coriander powder
– 1 teaspoon of Kadai Paneer masala
– 1 1/2 tomatoes puréed
– Salt to taste
– 1/4 cup water
– 1 packet Paneer, I use Nanak Paneer
– Coriander – for garnishing
1) Heat oil in a pan, add the dry spices and cook till cumin crackles. Add onions and saute till they are light brown.Add ginger-garlic paste, green chilies and bell pepper, saute for 2 – 3 minutes.
2) Add all the masala, stir and roast (bhunofy).
3) Add tomato puree and stir, add 1 teaspoon salt and saute for about 8 – 10 minutes. If the tomato masala looks dry, then add some water and continue to saute.
4) Add paneer and stir well to coat all the paneer pieces with the masala and cook for 10 mins on low flame.
5) Cover and continue cooking on low flame for about an additional 10-15 minutes.
Garnish with coriander and serve with roti or naan. Enjoy!!
Lemme know how you liked it!! Have a good weekend 😃