Hey y’all, hope you are having a fun long weekend… Ours has been super fun!! Started it with a movie and date night on Friday, went boating in Lake Conroe on Saturday with some friends, Sunday and Monday were reserved for socializing and meeting up with friends!! This week is going to be a busy one, as we will be preparing for my parents visit, which I am super excited about!! Can’t wait for them to get here very very soon 🙂
I know it’s been a while I have shared a fashion post, so here goes!
Summer weekends are usually a mix of having fun in the sun, meeting up with friends and running errands. 🙂 Needless to say, staying stylish in the summer months is a little of a daunting task given all the heat and humidity!
My mantra for summer style is being colorful, wearing clothes of breathable material and accessorizing, a lot, and these pix below reflect just that! Take a look…
I’m discussing my looks starting on the top row, going left to right.
– The Desi Fusion look is from an afternoon visit to the Sai Baba temple (Sai Baba Mandir) here in Houston. This was right after we had moved and I had not yet unpacked all the boxes hence had a limited choice of temple appropriate clothes available! Thanks to this chic yet conservative ensemble and the scarf to cover my head, I was all set.
My bag is from Michael Kors (MK Bag), earrings from India and shoes from Payless (Payless Flats). My bracelet is the one I got on my recent trip to Mumbai, has semi-precious stones and has become one of my favorite pieces of jewelry off-late.
– I love me some Denim! I put together this look for attending the Dream Team concert. My denim dress is from Target (Denim Dress), my shoes from Michael Kors (MK Shoes), watch from Kenneth Cole (Kenneth Cole Watch) and bag from Esbeda (Esbeda Sling), an Indian brand. I kept my jewelry to a minimum with my Kate Spade bangles (Kate Spade Bracelets) and Kendra Scott earrings (Kendra Scott Earrings).
– Next up is my look from a lunch outing. Here I kept my look very casual since it was a daytime event. My capri jegging is from Sams Club, my top from Aeropostale Aeropostale Tops) and shoes from Cato’s. I wore it with a necklace I got from India with some bracelets from Charming Charlie (Charming Charlie Jewelry).
– I’ve recently started being an active part of the Houston blogger community and am absolutely enjoying meeting fellow Houston bloggers. This look of mine was put together for the launch of a new brand at the Neiman Marcus’s Last Call store in Katy Mills.
This dress is from New York and Company (NY&C Casual Dresses) and my shoes from Guess (Guess Flats). I wore a stone studded necklace and earring that my sister gifted me along with my Kate Spade Watch (Kate Spade Watch) and a simple bracelet I got on our trip to Coronado Island. My clutch is from JC Penny (JC Penny Clutch).
– This next look is from our recent visit at my cousin’s place in Midtown Houston this past Friday. I wanted to be downtown ready in case we decided to go out, but still be comfy and cute and hence put together this cute and bright combination of shorts and a dressy top, while keeping my shoes casual.
The shorts are from New York and Company (NY&C Shorts), my top from Cato’s (Cato’s Top) and shoes from Payless (Payless Shoes). I accessorized it with necklace and earrings from Cato’s (Cato Jewelry), my Kate Spade sling (Kate Spade Sling), watch (Kate Spade Watch) and bangles (Kate Spade Bracelets).
– This last look of mine is from another blogging event I attended in July, and is currently my profile pic of Facebook as well, coz I love the wind effect and my hubby’s aviators! My dress is actually an Indian kurti my parents got me on their recent trip to Bhopal, India. I love how colorful it is and how wearing it with a shrug transformed it into a cute little dress. The shrug is from JC Penny (Shrug from JC Penny), my sandals from Cato’s (Cato’s Sandals), bangles from Icing (Icing Jewelry), earrings from Kendra Scott (Kendra Scott Earrings) and watch from Kenneth Cole (Kenneth Cole Watch). The RayBan aviators are hubby’s from Sunglass Hut (RayBan Aviators).
Hope you all enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed putting it together 🙂 Cheers! Until next time, stay stylish…