I don’t usually post on the weekends, but thanks to the public demand for the recipe of my latest homemade Mango Ice cream, this post is coming to you on a Saturday!
As I mentioned in my ~ Summer 2016: Bucket List!, this summer I wanted to try my hand at making ice cream at home, and what better than Mango Ice Cream! Just like any other Indian, summer is the time for us to enjoy the king of all fruits, Mango!! However, for this recipe I used canned mango pulp so basically you can make this ice cream anytime of the year without having to use fresh mangoes.
I was looking for an easy and yummy recipe and happened to stumble upon this one on one the groups I am a member on Facebook, so the recipe is not my own.
2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Fruit Pulp (in this case Mango)
Optional: Fruit pieces (preferably fresh)
- Take whipped cream and sugar in a bowl and start beating it (use an electric beater so your arms do not get tired as there is a lot of beating required).
- Add the fruit pulp and continue beating.
- Add fruit pieces if you want to (for the one I made, I did not add fruit pieces).
- Continue beating till it becomes smooth and fluffy. Test the consistency by taking a little mixture in a spoon and if it doesn’t drop, then its perfect. If it is leaving the spoon, you need to beat some more. Approximately beat for 15-20 mins.
- Freeze it in a air tight container for 5-6 hours.
Do comment and let me know how you liked it. I would love to hear 🙂