Kulfi is often described as traditional Indian ice cream. It’s creamier than regular ice cream and comes in a billion variations.
So here’s a twist to the regular Kulfi – it’s made it with bread!!!! Yup, you read that right!! Read on to make this yummy dessert!
– 3 slices of white bread (non-toasted / plain)
– 10-15 raw almonds
– 10-15 cashew nuts
– 1 liter full cream milk
– 3 tablespoons of sugar, adjust accordingly
– Few strands of saffron
– Finely chopped pistachios for garnish
– Grind the bread, almond and cashew nuts in the mixer together, to a fine powder. No water added.
– Boil 1 liter full cream milk, reducing it to half.
– Add sugar, simmer the gas and put the powder we made above. Stir for 2 minutes on low flame. Add the saffron as well.
– When it becomes a little thick, semi thick, switch off the gas, let it cool down. Now pour in the matkas or popsicle molds or whatever you have to set it. Before sealing, add few finely chopped pistachios for garnish. Seal with cling wrap and press it down a little so that air doesn’t go inside and there isn’t any ice formation.
– Freeze for 2-3 hours and it’s ready! Enjoy!!!! If you miss Falooda and Sabza, add RoohAfza and enjoy!
Let me know how you liked it!
Until next time, stay satisfied!!