This is the recipe for a quick fried rice like you get at your favorite Chinese restaurant. I have made a vegetarian version, to which you can also add Paneer or Tofu and if you desire a non-veg version, you can add eggs, chicken, shrimp etc. to your own.
In my books, is one of the best ways to use leftover rice! It’s quick and simple and ready in as little as 15 minutes.
– 1 cups mixed vegetables combines – carrots, corn, peas, green beans and green onion, cabbage is optional. You could also use frozen mixed vegetables if you don’t have fresh.
– 1 medium Onion, thinly sliced or diced
– Soy Sauce
– Salt to taste (usually not needed since Soy sauce is salty already)
1. Cook rice as usual
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in wok
3. Add onions and par-boiled mixed vegetable and sautee for 5 minutes on medium heat or till soft
4. Add rice, soy sauce, pepper and stir till combined – make sure not to break the rice
5. Continue stirring for 3 minutes to fry the rice. Taste to see if more salt is needed and add as desired
6. Serve hot and enjoy with ketchup or chilly sauce!